Crystals + Aromatherapy For High Vibration Energy
With these challenging times, we could all use some good vibes! Essential oils (Aromatherapy) and crystals are some of the most enjoyable and great-smelling ways to get your energy to the next level.
Essential oils and Aromatherapy: Your natural medicine cabinet
As a certified Aromatherapist, I can’t talk enough about how amazing essential oils are, or how many uses they have. For the purpose of this article I’m going to mostly hone in on how essential oils can enhance your use of crystals and help your mental health, but trust me there are SO many other ways to use your oils.
Got a problem? There’s an oil for that!
Essential oils do way more than smell good! Your trusty oils can be used in tons of ways, especially when it comes to your meditation and self-care practices. Here are some of my favorite essential oils I personally use all the time!
Calming essential oils – for when you need a chill pill
Essential oils to keep you focused – when you need a brain boost
- Sweet Orange
Essential oils for meditation – when you want clarity
- Palo Santo
How to use your essential oils
Getting started with essential oils and aromatherapy might seem daunting, but it’s easier than you think! There are so many ways to incorporate these powerhouse oils into your daily routines that don’t mean you have to invest in an expensive diffuser right away:
- Aromatherapy jewelry: You can make your own using natural beads, or buy inexpensive aromatherapy jewelry from Amazon.
- Passive essential oil diffuser: Passive diffusers often make use of a candle or ceramic sculpture you can directly add your essential oils to. They’re wonderful for small spaces or nooks in your home.
- DIY Himalayan pink salt diffuser: This is a super-easy way to create your own chic passive diffuser AND get the benefits of Himalayan salt
- Make a simple DIY diffuser for your car: Take a simple cotton ball and pinch it to your car’s vent for the easiest diffuser ever.
- Add a few drops to your shower or bath: Next time you’re congested, stressed or need a little pick-me-up, add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to your shower to get instant benefits.
- Add essential oils to your favorite unscented lotion: Get the benefit of your oils and smell amazing – just add 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oils or blends to a natural unscented lotion.
- Mix with a carrier oil and apply to pulse points: Carrier oils can be as simple as your coconut oil – just add 2-3 drops of essential oil to 1 Tbsp of a carrier and apply directly to your pulse points to boost your meditation, and stimulate focus or calm.
- Make a DIY room spray: Add 5-6 drops of essential oil to witch hazel, and pour it into a spray bottle. Spritz your room for a boost of scent.
- Add essential oils to your household cleaners: It makes them more effective, AND smell amazing!
If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” – Nikola Tesla
Crystals are more than just sparkly pretty home decor. Throughout history and across many different cultures, crystals have been used to aid in healing practices. The Hopi Native Americans used (and still use) quartz crystals to help diagnose illness. In Europe, the belief that crystals had healing powers persisted through the middle ages, especially in the form of amulets.
The new age movement brought new awareness to this age-old healing technique, and shone a modern light on the healing and enhancing energy crystals can bring to your life.
Crystals for beginners: Here are the basics you need to know.
Starting with crystals is easy, and not as expensive as you might think! You can buy crystals online easily and at affordable prices. I highly recommend checking Amazon and selecting something that speaks to you, personally.
Here are some suggestions for starting your crystal collection:
- Clear Quartz: All the clarity – clarity, manifestation, and focus. Use this stone to help gain clarity during difficult decisions.
- Rose Quartz: The love magnet – unconditional love, forgiveness, and compassion. Use to help yourself forgive, forget, and open up to new love.
- Amethyst: The intuitive eye – trust, intuition, and spirituality. A day-spa in a stone, use to help soothe away a stressful day.
- Agate: The stablizer – grounding, supportive, stabilizing. Use when your life feels out of control.
Crystals + essential oils: The perfect pairing.
Now we know both crystals and essential oils can benefit your mental and physical health, but have you ever tried using them together? You probably already have without knowing it! Most aromatherapy bracelets and lots of aromatherapy jewelry use common crystals with healing powers.
But the intentional pairing of crystals and essential oils can take your game to the next level! Try diffusing essential oils during your next crystal-aided meditation session to enhance your mental clarity.
Try a few moments of meditation before bed to help ease your mental stress and improve sleep overall sleep quality.
But how do you meditate? For the complete beginner, try this basic, one-minute meditation you can do anywhere (even in bed):
- Take a deep breath.
- Breathe in through your nose
- Breathe out through your mouth.
- Breathe in, and feel your lungs expanding,
- Breathe out, and feel a sense of letting your worries go.
- Breathe in, and feel your body fill with air,
- Breathe out, and feel the release of your tension.
- Breathe in, focus on feeling alive and awake.
- Breathe out, focus on feeling your muscles relax.
- Breathe in a sense of fullness and peace.
- Breathe out, pushing out your tension and stress.
Repeat this simple meditation whenever you start to feel your stress levels rise, to keep yourself grounded and calm. To boost your meditation try holding a crystal in your hand and diffuse your oils while you focus.
Another great way to incorporate meditation into your routine is by adding a quick yoga session to your bedtime routine. Yoga helps decrease your stress and tension by letting you focus on creating calming, deep breathing patterns. Try placing crystals on your yoga mat or wearing crystal jewelry + diffusing essential oils while you go through your routine!
Stay safe and healthy!